It can be very aggravating to turn on your computer and have it take an extraordinary amount of time to startup. Slow Startup is a problem that may want to make you pull out your hair, you can fix it.
What Causes Slow Startup?
There are three important things that your computer needs as resources to start and to work properly: hard disk space, memory space, and processing power. The problem is the Startup items that begin when you turn on your computer also need these valuable resources. The reality is you only have a finite amount of resources that you can use for these applications, and the more you run the slower your startup will be.
How to Fix the Computer from Having a Slow Startup
Although there may be other reasons why your computer is experiencing a Slow Startup, the main and most likely reason is too many applications opening at your startup.
Solution: Selecting what is on startup
- Log onto your computer as the administrator.
- Click the Start tab
- Select Run and type msconfig in the dialog box
- press enter and follow the promptings in the system configuration window that pops up
- Depending on which version of Windows you are currently using you will likely need to select the Normal startup button, and then click on the Startup tab
- From the list that is populated you can select startup programs that you would like to disable.
WARNING, do not disable these items without first having a good idea about what they are. Turning off the item listed as Realtex may seem like you are disabling Realplayer from starting or something of that nature, but in fact you would make your computer unable to play any sound. Turning off unused programs that do not need to start at startup and are using resources can be a great way to speed up your startup. But on the other hand turning off random items can have a disastrous effect on your computer and your ability to use it.
Thank you and I appreciate you visiting this site. Let me know if this information was of help, or if you need further assistance. I hope that this has corrected your Slow Startup problem and good luck.