If you have attempted to open a PDF file and have received a PDF Error message, you can take simple steps to correct this problem and be back on track to open the file. Although the solution is strait foreword, it may include the need of some software assistance.
What Causes the PDF Error?
A PDF Error is often found when a malfunctioning registry has caused the file to not open properly. A registry can develop a host of problems when software has either been improperly installed or removed and this in turn has affected information that is necessary for programs to function properly.
How to Fix the PDF Error
Corrupted information with in a registry is a potential problem for many programs, not just the reading of PDFs, and it is important that this issue is addressed before it turns in to bigger problems. There is a number of registry scanning and cleaning software available online which can be downloaded for free or at a minimal cost. A registry cleaning program will scan your computer and look for damaged or corrupt registry information and make the necessary corrections. These are not all created equal, and it is wise to examine there features before downloading.
Solution 1: Scan and clean the registry with scanreg.exe
- Log onto your computer as the administrator.
- Click the Start tab
- Click Run and then in the Open box type scanregw.exe
- Click OK and the program will check for registry errors. If an error is found the Windows Registry Checker tool will automatically will restore the information to a previously backed up version.
- Once the program has completed, reattempt to open the PDF file.
Solution 2: Using Registry Cleaner programs
- Download your choice of registry cleaning program in the event that the windows registry checker tool did not correct the problem.
- Install and run the program as directed
- Once the program has completed its scan and repairs, reattempt to open the PDF file
Thank you for visiting our site and I sincerely hope this information provided a solution for your PDF Error problem. Good luck and let me know if this did not correct the problem and you require further help.