CD Player Error 1: Fixing Broken Tunes.
One of the great things about the CD ROM Drive on your computer is that is can also serve as a CD player for you. This means you can listen to all the music you desire, unless of course something happens to your CD ROM drive and you start to experience an error or two.
What Is a CD Player Error 1?
A CD Player Error 1 message will appear when something is amiss with your CD ROM Drive in regards to playing a CD. Depending on what type of CD you are putting in and what type of CD ROM Drive you have on your computer, the CD Player Error 1 can actually mean a few different things. However, no matter what the actual error code means, the result is likely the same, which is you not being able to play anything on your CD ROM Drive.
What Causes a CD Player Error 1?
A CD Player Error 1 can be caused by several things. One thing that is common is that the CD being inserted contains a newer format of music files, such as wave or MP3. Some older CD ROM Drives simply can’t support those types of files. Another possibility is that the drivers on your CD ROM Drive are in need of updating. Another cause, that is much more severe, is your CD ROM Drive actually failing all together.
Fixing CD Player Error 1 Problems
There are two do-it-yourself solutions you can use to troubleshoot and then fix your CD Player Error 1 problems. The solution that works best will vary according to each situation so you shouldn’t lose hope if the first solution doesn’t work.
Solution 1: Check Your CD ROM Drive
- Take the CD causing the CD Player 1 Error out of your CD ROM Drive.
- Insert a different CD into your CD ROM Drive ensuring it is not a copy.
- Attempt to play.
- If play is successful and the failed CD was a copy, your CD ROM Drive likely cannot play newer music files.
- If play fails, try one additional CD that is not a copy.
- If failure occurs again, your CD ROM Drive is likely in need of replacement.
Solution 2: Conduct a Windows Update
- Turn your computer on.
- Click the Start Button on your desktop.
- Click ‘All Programs.’
- Click ‘Windows Update.’
- You will then see a wizard with on screen instructions to follow.
- Click ‘Finish.’
- Restart your computer.
- Attempt to play CD again.
Hopefully this will fix your CD Player Error 1 problems and get you back to listening to the tunes of your choice. Good luck!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.