Solve Shutdown Errors with these Simple Steps
At some point anyone who has used a Windows PC for any length of time has attempted to shut the computer down only to have it stop or move so slowly that you don’t know what is happening. You may be surprised to know that a shutdown error is one of the most common errors you can experience.
What Causes Shutdown Errors?
Although it is frustrating and you may want a straightforward correction that will ensure that this never occurs again the reality is a Windows Shutdown error can be caused by a number of factors ranging from minor disagreements between hardware to errors with individual services or programs.
How to Fix a Shutdown Error
In order to fix a shutdown error you will need to troubleshoot through a few possible problems affecting your computer.
Solution 2: Troubleshooting a shutdown error
- To begin correcting your shutdown error you will first need to determine a few facts. If you recently removed a program from the computer you may need to check to see if a program has been correctly been removed
- To do this you will first select the Start tab located on your computers desktop
- Next select the Control panel
- Now you will need to select Add or Remove Programs and look through the list of programs until you find the program that you wanted to remove
- Select Change/Remove
- When you are prompted select Yes to confirm you want to remove the program. If the program is not on the list you will need to contact the program manufacture to locate instructions for removal
Solution 2: Restore to last known good configuration functionality
1. If you are having difficulty starting Windows, then you can restart using the function known as Last Known Good Configuration
2. In order to do this you will first have to reboot your computer in Safe Mode by holding F8
3. Next you will need to move the highlight to select Last Known Good Configuration and select Enter
4. Finally when the boot menu reappears use the arrow keys to choose Microsoft Windows XP, followed by enter
Thank you and I appreciate you visiting this site. Let me know if this information was helpful correcting your shutdown error. Let me know you need further assistance, and I hope that this has corrected problem. Good luck.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.