Jpeg Error Repairs Make Things Look Great Again
JPEG errors are commonly discovered by those working with images. They may be photos that we have taken or images that we have downloaded for a specific purpose. Oftentimes it is very difficult to find the exact perfect image we need. However, what’s worse is when the user comes across a jpeg error while attempting to work with a carefully chosen image and needs to fix that error or find a new image.
What is Jpeg Error?
A jpeg error is simply a message delivered to users when there is a problem with a jpeg or image file that makes it unusable. Some of these errors may be: no preview available; can’t read file header; unknown file format or file not found; unknown or invalid JPED marker; drawing failed, or document may be damaged.
What Causes Jpeg Error?
Insufficient memory and corrupted files are the leading causes of the jpeg error message. This can happen because of RAM failure; interface error in file transfer; hard driver error or memory card error; recovery utilities were used on the files; or images that were formatted or deleted. Images that are not completed downloaded from the Internet can also develop a jpeg error.
How to Fix Jpeg Error?
Fixing a jpeg error allows you to be able to use the image you are encountering difficulties with. Take the time to figure it out rather than seeking out a new image or discarding image files that are important to you.
- Open the image in an image editing software like Photoshop or Paintshop.
- Resave the file as a new jpeg file can make it usable.
- If the image can not be repaired in this way, download the free software IrfanView from www.IrfanView.com.
- Once downloaded open the software and click on File, then Open.
- Choose the image you want to correct and double-click on it. It may display perfectly fine. If so, then you will want to immediately save this new copy of your file by clicking Save As. Make sure that in doing so you opt for the “JPG-JPG/JPEG format” for the type. Use a new name for the file.
- If this down not work, try an image recovery software. You will need to download one of these programs, such as JPEG Recovery Pro, PhotoRescue or PixRecovery. While these programs are ones that you purchase, there are typically free trial versions available. Start with these.
- If you are content with a smaller copy of your JPEG, you can simply do a screenshot of the repaired thumbnail image of your broken JPEG in the image recovery software demo version. The screenshot can then be opened in IrfanView and saved.
Good luck fixing your JPEG error. If you need further assistance, please let me know.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.