Steps to Repairing a Mismatch Error 13 on Your Computer
What Is a Windows Mismatch Error 13?
If your computer is having issues opening an encrypted email when using a Microsoft Outlook object model, then you might receive a Mismatch Error 13 warning. The warning occurs with the 2003 version of Microsoft Office Outlook. The error will read: Run-time error ‘13’: Type mismatch.
What Causes a Windows Mismatch Error 13?
Some errors, such as the Mismatch Error 13, are caused by an issue or glitch in the original programming of software issued by companies such as Microsoft. A Mismatch Error 13 is an error such as this that occurs when Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 cannot open an encrypted email file is caused by a programming issue in the original version issued by Microsoft.
How to Fix a Windows Mismatch Error 13
There is one primary solution created to help you resolve a Windows Mismatch Error 13 provided by Microsoft that’s now available in the 2nd Service Pack offering for Office 2003.
Solution: Use and Activate the Hotfix Available in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
- Back up your system registry. (Because you will be making changes to your computer’s registry, it’s critical you follow these steps exactly. The backup suggested here provides added protection in case something goes wrong).
- Go to Start.
- Select Run.
- Type regedit in the Run window.
- Click on OK.
- From the menu toolbar, select File.
- Select Export from the list.
- Enter a name for the back-up file.
- Click on Save.
- After you back-up your registry with the steps outlined above, close any programs your computer is running, most importantly Outlook 2003.
- Select Start.
- Select Run.
- Type regedit in the open window box.
- Click on OK.
- Locate the registry key that reads: HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security
- Click on the registry key in Step 6.
- Go to New found on the Edit menu.
- Select DWORD Value.
- Type in AllowOMWithUI.
- Press your Enter key.
- Right click on AllowOMWithUI.
- Select Modify.
- Type 1 in the Value data box that appears.
- Select OK.
- Select Exit from the File menu.
- Restart your computer.
- Confirm that the issue has been resolved.
This solution should resolve a Mismatch Error 13 on your computer so you can open encrypted email files with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 without any issues. If it does not work for some reason, you might consider contacting Microsoft or review the Microsoft Support page to conduct a search for more information that might be helpful, and for new and improved updates to the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 software program.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and good luck!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.