Solve Burn Error 4280 with Simple Steps
If you receive a Burn Error 4280, it is likely you are trying to burn a cd (compact disc) in the program iTunes. It can be a frustrating error that tends to appear each time you try to restart and burn a cd. Although Burn Error 4280 is not solved by closing down and restarting iTunes, there are manual solutions available to help you solve the error and continue on with your cd burning efforts.
What Causes the Burn Error 4280?
Occurring during an attempt to burn a cd in iTunes, the Burn Error 4280 pop up in a message and is most often a result of the wrong speed of burning in the iTunes program, an issue with the cd drive, or incompatibility between your computer and the cd burner.
Other potential sources for the Burn Error 4280 include a malfunction following a software upgrade, invalid entries in the registry or drivers that have been corrupted.
Solution 1: Fix the Burn Error 4280 by Repairing iTunes
1. Select the Start button.
2. Choose “Control Panel.”
3. Select “iTunes” from the list.
4. Select the option to repair iTunes.
5. Follow the prompts, selecting “Ok” and “Next.”
6. When prompted, reboot your computer.
Solution 2: Download and Install the Latest Version of iTunes to Solve Burn Error 4280
1. Go to: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/?ref=http://itunes.com
2. Select the bright blue “Download Now” button.
3. When the window pops up asking if you would like to save the file, select “Save File.”
4. Select “Finish” or “Okay” once the program has fully downloaded to complete.
5. Double Click on the icon on your Desktop to “Run” or install the program.
6. Follow the prompts to complete installation.
7. You may be asked to reboot your computer.
Thank you for visiting our site to get the computer assistance you need. I hope this helped you to fix the Burn Error 4280 you were experiencing. Good luck, and please let me know if you need additional help.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.