Correcting a Power Point Error with Simple Steps
When you are needing to build a powerful and useful presentation one of the worlds leading software programs is PowerPoint. Made by Microsoft, PowerPoint is a wonderful and affective tool that is often used in business and education. People spend hours crafting and honing the perfect mixture of image, graph and text to build something that will ultimately inform a selected audience. Occasionally, however, you will find that after you have begun creating your well thought out master piece an error will appear when you are attempting to edit text contained in a text box, or you are trying to alter a font. This can be frustrating, but fixed with some basic steps.
What Causes a Power Point Error?
This can be very challenging, particularly if you are on a deadline, but this does not have to be the ending of your attempt. A PowerPoint Error of this nature is often caused because the user does not have a default printer driver set. This is also believe to potentially be related to the fact that the printer driver was may have been properly set as the default, but for one reason or another was no longer available.
How to Fix a Power Point Error
In order to fix a PowerPoint Error of this type there is a simple solution that only requires a few basic steps. Before you even begin you may want to attempt to locate your Windows CD, if possible. If this is not possible then a driver from an HP LaserJet III, or a PostScript printer from Apple will also work as a adequate substitute. It is important that you do not use a basic printer or fax that uses generic text drivers.
Solution: Printer Driver
- To start the process of checking and changing printer drivers on your computer you will need to log in as the administrator
- Next you will need to Click on the Start tab.
- From there you can use your mouse to select the Control panel.
- Now Double-click on the Printers and Faxes icon
- From the populated list of printer icons right-click on the printer that has the correct driver associated with PowerPoint
- Next you will need to select Set as Default Printer
- Finally, It is ultimately ideal and will be important to install a local driver. This is true even if you are consistently relying on a network printer.
Thank you and I hope that this information was helpful correcting your Power Point Error. Let me know if you need further assistance, and I hope that this has helped to correct the problem. Good luck.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.