Do-It-Yourself Steps to Solve Error 403 Forbidden
Receiving an Error 403 Forbidden when using the Internet means you have come across a web page that you do not have permission to view. The website’s server has denied access. There are steps you can take to manually solve the Error 403 Forbidden issue.
What Causes Error 403 Forbidden?
There are different situations that can result in the Error 403 Forbidden, including a missing or corrupt piece to the Windows Update, a damaged host file or missing web browser files that prevent access to the website page script. In addition, if you are running a firewall software or other security features, you may experience the Error 403 Forbidden.
How to Fix Error 403 Forbidden
While you may not be able to control an Error 403 Forbidden issue if it is a problem with the particular website, there are steps you can take to remedy the problem if it is an issue with your computer. There are two solutions you can try to ensure your computer is working properly and can break through the Error 403 Forbidden if it is at all possible.
Solution 1: Disable Certain Security Features to Fix Error 403 Forbidden
1. Select any ad removal programs, download assistants and antivirus software from your Desktop Tool bar with a right click to open.
2. Check the box to disable the programs.
3. Follow this step multiple times if you have multiple programs of this nature.
4. Select “OK.”
5. Open your web browser and try to visit the forbidden site to determine if you can now access it.
Solution 2: Remove the Controls for the Windows Update to Solve Error 403 Forbidden
1. Select the Start button.
2. Choose “Run.”
3. In the Open box, type in: regsvr32 /u c:\windows\system\wuv3is.dll
4. When you see the contents of the C:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate folder, delete the contents.
5. When deletion is complete, select “Yes” to confirm.
6. Open your web browser and try to visit the forbidden site to determine if you can now access it.
Thank you for visiting our site to get the computer assistance you need. I hope this helped you to fix the Error 403 Forbidden message you were experiencing. Good luck, and please let me know if you need additional help.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.