Solutions for the Checksum Error
The Checksum Error often occurs during the start-up process in order to ensure the system’s data is complete and functioning correctly. It may occur at other times, but it most typically happens during start-up. The error message can prevent the user from continuing on in the start-up process, but it can be solved with manual applications.
What Causes the Checksum Error?
During the start-up process of your computer, the BIOS settings are computed and checked in comparison to the most recent stored value. If the values are not a match, the computer sends the Checksum Error message to notify the user that the data has changed and has possibly been corrupted.
How to Fix the Checksum Error
When the Checksum comparison check fails at start-up, the computer start will halt. In order to continue using the computer, the battery for the motherboard of the computer will need to be replaced to solve the error.
Solution 1: Replace the Computer Motherboard Battery to Fix the Checksum Error
1. Purchase a new CMOS battery.
2. Restart your computer manually through the restart button.
3. During the restart process, press the “F10” key.
4. The configuration panel for BIOS will appear.
5. Write down the settings listed to use later for configuration in BIOS after battery replacement.
6. Turn off your computer manually.
7. Remove your computer’s power cable.
8. Remove the battery.
9. Remove the hatch of the computer (this step varies from model to model).
10. Find the motherboard’s round-shaped CMOS battery, which will be marked with “CR2032.”
11. Place the new CMOS battery into the motherboard, keeping the positive side of the battery facing you.
12. Replace power cables to the computer.
13. Restart the computer.
14. During the start-up process, press “F10” key.
15. In the BIOS screen, update the date.
16. Enter the settings you recorded in Step 5.
17. Choose the “Save and Quit” option.
18. Restart your computer manually.
Thank you for visiting our site to get the computer assistance you need. I hope this helped you to fix the Checksum Error you were experiencing. Good luck, and please let me know if you need additional help.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.