Solve a Run Time Error with these Simple Steps
There is little more frustrating then running a program that suddenly stops and a popup box appears stating that there has been a Run Time Error. Although this is aggravating at the time, there is a fix.
What Causes the Run Time Error?
A Runtime is a library of code that is filled with information from programs as they are currently running. If something causes the information within the library to no longer be available or for that data to become corrupted then the software utilizing this information will be unstable and crash.
How to Fix the Run Time Error
More often then not a Run Time Error will take place from software errors such as when an application has tried to accomplish a task correctly but has failed to do so. This can occur if the software has not received regular updates, or it can be the result of toolbars that are creating conflicting errors.
Solution: Removing disruptive toolbars
- Log onto your computer as the administrator.
- Click the Start tab
- Select the Control panel and then the Add or Remove Programs link
- From the list of programs presented scan through them for those related to toolbars installed
- Click the program once and then select the Change/Remove/Uninstall link
- Once this is complete continue to remove the toolbars that you are not wanting. This has been reported as being a large help to users experiencing Run Time Errors that are using a browser
Thank you for visiting this site and please let me know if this was of help, or if you need further assistance. I hope that this has corrected your Run Time Error and good luck.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.