Solve a Server Not Found Error
When you type a web address into the URL bar you expect that a few seconds later a webpage will appear on the screen. However there are times when instead you will receive an error message that says Server Not Found.
What Causes the Server Not Found Error?
There can be a variety of reasons why a Server Not Found error can appear. This can come from issues relating to your browser, your internet connection, or even a Domain Name System error.
How to Fix the Server Not Found Error
To troubleshoot and correct a Server Not Found Error there are some basic steps you can follow.
- Begin by checking to see if you can access the URL by utilizing a different browser. If you only have IE then there are some great browsers that can be downloaded for free such as Chrome or Firefiox.
- You can verify through a third-party by visiting the free online service downforeveryoneorjustme.com.
- Double check hardware such as your router or modem and see if they are on and working properly.
- If you are using a wireless connection double-check to make sure that you are using the correct access point and not one that is either restricted or filtering out some content
- If you are using a proxy server to connect then you will need to double-check to see if the proxy server is able to connect to the internet.
- For IE to have the proxy settings configured automatically click the tool menu in Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Options and then the Connections link.
- Click the LAN Settings link and then under Proxy server click the Use a proxy server for your LAN
- The Address box will open and type the IP address for the proxy server
- Type the port number in the Port box that the proxy server uses for client connections. The default for this is 8080.
- In order to speed up performance you can select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses box
- Then select the OK and close the LAN Settings, followed by the Internet Options box.
I sincerely hope that this will correct your Server Not Found error and I thank you for visiting our site. Good luck and please let me know if I can help in any other way.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.