Solve a Shell32.dll Error with These Simple Steps
One of the innovations utilized in crafting Windows is the implementation of something referred to as a shared library. A Dynamic-link library, or DLL, is a resource that Windows uses for applications to work properly. These libraries grant a method and means for shared data and code and allows this information to be reused with out having to re-compile or re-link it each time. It is essential that this system works properly and when there is a problem with the way a DLL is handled then this can crate an issue. Although this can be concerning, there is a way to fix this problem by manually correcting it.
What Causes a Shell32.dll Error?
When confronted with the Shell32.dll error is important to know that it is often caused when the DLL was in use and was handled improperly. This causes the data to eventually become corrupt, missing or incomplete.
How to Fix a Shell32.dll Error
When the DLL has an incomplete value in its registry then there will need to be a manual fix. This can be done by going into the registry and addressing the incorrect data.
Solution: Manually correcting the Shell32.dll
- To begin correcting the shell32.dll error you will first need to log onto your computer as the administrator.
- Next select the Start tab located on your computers desktop
- Following this you will need to select Run and when prompted to by the opening dialog box type the command regedit
- Now press enter
- With the information that is displayed you will now need to find your way to the registry key labled: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
- Now you will need to export the key to a new folder that you will create on your desktop. This will be done in precaution to ensure that if any mistakes are made you can have a back up.
- From the desktop right-click and select new
- Now select the Folder option and when the item is created double-click it to open
- Once you have exported the key to the new folder, delete the value in the Search Bar with in the Main Key.
Thank you and I appreciate you visiting this site. Let me know if this information was of help, or if you need further assistance with Shell32.dll errors. I hope that this has corrected your problem and good luck.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.